Charlene is a journey of mindful health and self-care
Posted on 03/24/2013 @ 12:17 AM
I’m noticing that even though I thought I knew my eating preferences, either they’re changing with my mindful eating practices, or I didn’t know them very well after all. I suspect it’s the latter. Here’s some of the things I’ve noticed so far:
• I much prefer a variety of foods for breakfast, even during the week
• Canadian bacon is so much saltier then I realized, and I prefer it in small amounts
• I haven’t eaten mac and cheese for several months. (It used to be one of my all-time comfort foods.)
• When I don’t force myself to eat fruits and vegetables, I REALLY want them, and enjoy some that I thought I didn’t like.
• I always knew I liked them, but now I know I LOVE salads, all kinds of salads! (What new things can I try in my salad next?)
• When I want French fries or potato chips, I don’t really want very many
• I’m a candy snob…I really only enjoy higher quality, somewhat pricier candy
• Now that I allow myself dessert whenever I want it, I really don’t want it as often as I thought I would
• I’m still a cookie monster, but I prefer one homemade cookie (or a portion of a bakery cookie) with tea or water over any brand of packaged cookie dunked in milk
Discovering these things is really fun!