Charlene is a journey of mindful health and self-care
Posted on 06/15/2013 @ 10:48 AM
While observing my behaviors and decisions this week, I experienced another “lightbulb moment.” I see what “being in charge” means to me. It means choosing a life of ease, over easy.
• It’s easy to indulge every urge to eat even when I’m not hungry, but I’m more at ease throughout my day when I choose physical comfort over excessive eating.
• It’s easy to use food as sedation for anxious thoughts and feelings, but practicing relaxation techniques instead provides a more precise ease of mind.
• It’s easy to give into thoughts of “I’m too busy” when it comes to exercise, but I move with much greater ease throughout the day when I’ve spent time stretching or walking.
• It’s easy to be tempted by advertisers’ claims that I need what they’re peddling, but there’s incredible ease in the reassurance that my body has wisdom and can be trusted.
• It’s easy to look in the mirror and criticize myself, but there’s a more honest feeling of acceptance and ease when I practice self-compassion.
It’s easy to revert back to the same old habits, but between overindulgence and restriction is a beautiful life of ease.